BRG CAVE TRIP GUIDELINES
(Revised August 2013)
- Any BRG member in good standing can set up a grotto trip.
- Grotto trips will be announced in advance; either in the CARBIDE DUMP or at the monthly meeting.
- All participants must sign up for the trip in advance.
- Guests and trainees must be sponsored by BRG members.
- Sponsors must accompany their guests on the cave trip.
- A grotto trip may be cancelled at any time.
LEADERS. The Trip Leader:
- Will determine the trip’s purpose.
- Will contact landowner for permission to visit the cave.
- Will set trip size limits.
- Will set the trip’s difficulty level.
- Has the final say as to who can go on the cave trip.
- Is responsible for finding sponsors for non-members and guests.
- Will check to see that guests and non-members have signed waivers.
- Will check to see that all participants have adequate equipment.
- Is responsible for checking out grotto gear and promptly returning it in good condition to the gear cache.
- Will collect $$ for damage to grotto gear (other than normal wear and tear) from the person(s) using said equipment, or the leader will pay for its repair from his own pocket.
- May cancel the trip at any time.
- All participants must sign up in advance for grotto trips due to trip size limitations.
- BRG members and sponsors may call the trip leader to sign up if they live out of town or cannot attend the meeting.
- Non-members and guests may sign up for grotto trips only at the monthly meeting; they may not call or email to sign up.
- Members who bring a guest are expected to sponsor and accompany their guest on the same trip.
- All participants are required to have proper safety gear in good working order.
- Any participant can recommend that a particular person not participate in a cave trip due to lack of experience or proper equipment.
- Participants may not individually check out grotto gear; they should make a request for grotto gear to the trip leader.
- Grotto gear is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Trip leaders will be responsible for checking out the needed grotto gear, and returning it promptly in good condition to the gear cache.
- The user of any grotto gear provides their own batteries.
- The user is held responsible for the gear’s returned condition and will be charged for repair or replacement if the gear is damaged, abused, or lost.